© 2020 - TrendyPort. All Rights Reserved.
How to Copy and Paste on Android
Hello! Today I am going to help you with the Cut, Copy and Paste options which are available in your hand! Your Android phone has cut, copy and paste features just like your computer. But you have to do them differently, not the same way as you are doing in the computer. 🙂
How to Copy and Paste general text
Following the below steps will be helpful if you want to copy a word, sentence, paragraph, or a block of text from any source,
- First tap and hold the word you want to copy. So, the text will be highlighted with two handles on either side.
- Then, you can drag the handles to highlight the text you want to copy.
- There will be a menu appearing above the highlighted text. Tap Copy in that menu.
- Go to the place where you want to paste the copied text. Then open the text field of that app or email.
- Tap and hold the text field.
- Again the menu will appear and tap Paste on that menu.
How to Copy and Paste a Website Link
If you want to copy and paste a website link,
- Open the web browser and go to the website
- At the address bar of the browser, tap and hold the web address
- A menu will appear, then tap Copy Address on that menu.
- Then open the application where you are planning to paste the copied web address.
- In that app’s text field, tap and hold where you want to paste the address.
- Tap Paste in the appearing menu.
How to Copy and Paste Special Characters
You can only copy and paste symbols or other characters which are text based. But you cannot copy images using this method. CopyPasteCharacter.com will be a useful website if you want to get some symbols and special characters. You can copy and paste them using the same method that I mentioned earlier.
How to Cut and Paste on Android
The cut option usually appears in the pop up menu after you have selected a text. To cut the text after selecting,
- Tap and hold a word in the section you want to cut. So, that word will be highlighted with two handles at either side.
- Drag the handles until the whole section you want to cut is highlighted.
- After that select Cut in the pop up menu.
- Open the application where you want to paste the text.
- Then,tap and hold the text field.
- Finally, tap Paste in the pop up menu.
Some apps doesn’t allow copying. Some examples are Facebook and Twitter. In order to copy the texts in those apps, first you have to enter the app via a mobile browser.