© 2020 - TrendyPort. All Rights Reserved.
How to Unlock Bootloader on any Mediatek Device
First of all get a brief understand regarding the Media Tek. Mediatek is a fables semiconductor company and it designs the processor for many Android devices and they located in Taiwanese. Before moving to guidelines of procedure for unlocking the bootloader of any Mediatek device, we clearly identify the thing about the any of Mediatek device. And through unlocking bootloader, it will void the warranty of your device. Now we go ahead step by step with understanding.
As a first step, you should do unlock your device, before you install Root, Custom Recovery, or any Custom ROM. This article provides you with a full guide to unlock bootloader on Mediatek Devices. You can try this guideline for any Mediatek device and these guidelines are simple to follow. But read carefully, because, through this process, it will voids your warranty.
What is unlocking bootloader?
First, we will see what is the bootloader? We can simply define the bootloader as, it is code that is activated when our device turning on. This code initializes some hardware and gets the boot process going through loads the kernel and ramdisk. This process we introduce as the bootloader. Read more>>
This technological concept is applicable to every device such as laptops, PC, smartphones, etc. Even if it is open-source, every Android OEM manufacturer locks the bootloader. So, it is compulsory to unlock the bootloader. If you are intending to try a Custom ROM without unlocking the bootloader, it is impossible to load Custom ROM. Because of that, the Manufacturer has made a policy to make your device unlock the bootloader. According to the policy, it will not void your warranty. They want you to stay with stock ROM. But it allows you to Root your Android device, flash TWRP, and Custom ROM.
Before following this procedure, keep mind to be careful, through this process. It voids your warranty and if you do something wrong, it maybe leads to brick your device.
Requirements for the process
- These methods recommended to unlocking the bootloader on any Mediatek Device.
- A laptop or PC is needed for the process.
- USB cable and it should be work properly with your devices.
- Considerable battery level in your device. At least it should be 70% or more. Make sure to maintain enough battery level.
- Download Mediatek VCOM Driver
- Download and install the latest USB drivers.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool.
- Before doing the process, make sure to keep the complete back-up of your device.
To unlock bootloader:
when we consider the MT65XX devices they come with an unlocked bootloader. Therefore you don’t worry about the below method or guide to unlocking the bootloader for such a device. Some devices, such as MT6580 and some MT 67XX devices are needed to unlock the bootloader. Otherwise they cannot be installed Custom Recovery or Custom ROM.
Turn off OEM Lock
There are having options to unlock the bootloader. Such as the MT6580 SOC devices, for that kind of devices, you can follow this procedure, which is:
Go to Settings > Developer Option or in Settings > About Phone > Turn off “OEM Lock”
Note: if there is no such option, you can follow below methods
Unlock Bootloader via tools
In some situations, manufacturers or 3rd party developers will release tools to unlock bootloaders on their device. Read more>>
Unlock Code – 01
Here you need to unlock code; you can get it from the manufacturer. But sometime the manufacturer will not provide the code.
First of all, it is necessary to get an unlock code. For that, you have to contact the manufacturer.
When you got the unlocking code, you can enable the Developer Option.
When it enables the Developer Option, then you can follow this guideline:
Go to the Settings > About > Software Information > More > Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you can see a prompt message that saying “Developer Option Enabled”.
Now go back to Settings. Now you have to enable the OEM Unlock. For that you can go through Settings > Developer Option and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
Download and extract the ADB Fastboot zip file that you downloaded previously on your computer.
Connect your Smartphone to the computer via a USB cable.
Wait until all drivers get installed, when you connect your device to the computer.
To open the command prompt window in your ADB Fastboot folder, use the shift key + Right Mouse click.
In the command prompt window, type as “ADB Devices”
When you see a pop-up message saying that allow USB Debugging on your device, click on “OK”
Now type the command which is “ADB Reboot Bootloader”, to reboot your phone to the bootloader.
adb reboot devices
When you reboot your device into bootloader, make sure your phone shows Bootloader locked and to confirm the fastboot drivers are installed properly type “Fastboot Devices” command on the command prompt.
Through this command, it will show the list of connected devices. If it is showing your device serial number, it means your phone is connected and you can go ahead continuously. If there is not include the serial number of your device, it means your drivers are not installed properly. To continue the process you should fix your drivers properly. Then it will list your device under fastboot devices.
It has been recognized your device in the above process, now you can go ahead with proceeding to unlock the bootloader. For that type “Fast boot OEM Unlock” command. (Note: through this step, it will be lead to wiping out all data from your device.)
fastboot oem unlock
After entering the “Fast boot Reboot” command, it finishes the execution. Now type below command to reboot your device.
Now, your device will reboot. You have to wait until the device has fully booted up into Android.
Through the following above mention steps, you can successfully unlock bootloader on your Mediatek Device.
Unlock Code – 02
Some devices are facilitating to do unlock the bootloader. Here, it provides the guideline for that kind of devices.
- Firstly, enable the Developer Option.
- For the enabling Developer Option go to this procedure: Setting > About > Software Information > Build Number, now it shows the toast message “Developer Option Enabled” tap 7-8 numbers on the screen.
- Now go back to setting now you have to enable the OEM Unlock, for that go through the Setting > Developer Option and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- Download and extract the earlier downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file from your PC.
- Now build up a connection between your device and PC using the USB cable.
- After you build up a connection between your device and PC, you have to wait until all the drivers are getting installed.
- You can open command prompt window, in your ADB fastboot folder, by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- When it opens the command prompt window, type as “ADB Devices”
- When you see a pop-up message, click on “OK” to allow USB Debugging on your phone.
- Type the “ADB Reboot Bootloader” command for rebooting your phone to the bootloader.
- When you reboot your device into bootloader, make sure your phone shows Bootloader locked and type as “Fastboot Devices” on command prompt to confirm the fast boot drivers are installed properly.
- Through this command, it will show the list of connected devices. If it is showing your device serial number, it means your phone is connected and you can go ahead continuously. If there is not include the serial number of your device, it means your drivers are not installed properly. To continue the process you should fix your drivers properly. Then it will list your device under fastboot devices.
- After your device has been recognized through the above command, it will be proceeding to unlock the bootloader with the following command. Through this process, it leads to wiping out your device data. Because of that before a move to process make sure to create a backup of your device data. Otherwise it leads to losing your personal data.
- You can check whether your bootloader is unlocked by using the command, which is “Fastboot OEM get boot info”
- If it is showing as your boot-loader is unlocked, then you can run following command.
- Now, it is finished the process of rebooting. You have to wait until the device has fully booted up into Android.
Through, following the above guidelines, you can successfully unlock your bootloader on your Mediatek device.
Connect with us
We would like to hear about your problems, questions, and suggestions. So feel free to contact us. This is free of charge service that we offer. But we receive thousands of emails per day. So it is impossible to reply to all of them. So we create a Community to help you individually. Go to Community and open help Topic under a relevant category. Please spread this post to your friends by sharing Facebook and other major social media. And make sure to like us on Facebook.