A smart card is something that people use for different payment processes and is embedded with a computer chip. Students and teachers can use a smart card if the school ERP allows it while making payments in the canteen, and so on. A smart card has student data in a digitalized form, encrypted in it.
Besides making payments, smart cards can also be used in several other places such as in the attendance management system to mark students present as they swipe it. This automatic method makes the job of teachers easier while they have to focus only on classes. Mostly smart cards maintain a level of security for students while making payments.
School smart card solutions
- Fee collection
fees collection tasks are either assigned to staff members of the educational institution who get the work done manually, or a fees attendance software is designed by the school ERP. Although a software or online system is preferred by students and teachers because they can pay from anywhere, and at any time, they can do it with a smart card too. Here are some other features of a smart card that can be used to make tuition and fees payments;
- Instead of traditionally entering all the details over and over again in a face management system, students can swipe their cards. Because all student detail and bank detail are saved on the card the system automatically registers information.
- parents and students can access school fee payment information easily by using the smart card. No more standing in lines and giving details to a staff member, a smart card is linked with the school system and can be accessed online to view payment details.
- Parents can top up the credit on this card from their bank accounts, or mediums provided by the school.
- Attendance management
Taking attendance is a lengthy task because sometimes students come late, and the teacher has to backtrack. Lecture timings are interrupted in the process. When students use a smart card for attendance, they are benefited;
- In terms of time, saving the time of students and teachers.
- Convenience in attendance management and administration by teachers.
- Students can look up their percentage of attendance by swiping the smart card in the system.
- Digital library management
Traditionally, libraries have a log book that the librarian maintains. This log has details of every student who has borrowed books, how long they had issued them for, and whether there were any fines. Maintaining logs over the years becomes difficult. the school can cut costs and make borrowing methods even more convenient by issuing smart cards to students that they can swipe before and after entering a library. This will need a librarian to supervise and input details of a book. here are some benefits;
- Schools can pull out records of borrowed books by every student easily.
- Missing and lost books could be found by looking up who had borrowed them last.
- Convenience in issuing and returning library books.
- Library attendance management.
- In canteens
A school canteen is one of the most important places in every educational institution. for lunch breaks, students either get their food or rely on the school canteen. This canteen has a variety of options and a menu. We all know how hectic it gets because the staff members are overwhelmed by the number of students. A smart card makes the work for school staff and students easy. they don't have to count change to give back and items can be ordered by simply scanning the QR code and paying with a smart card. It is helpful because;
- Smart cards are a safe solution for payment because students don’t have to care about cash.
- They pay the exact amount, with no requirement for a change to be returned, reducing the workload and speeding the process during lunch breaks.
- Parents can also view this statement of purchase.
- Student tracking
Student tracking is necessary for non-hostel students, and parents who work far from home. Especially when there is a transportation medium, real-time information on student vehicles is necessary for the school to track how far students are, and help them in cases of emergencies. Its benefits are;
- GPS tracking is available for safety measures.
- SMS alerts for parents when students reach the school.
- Attendance and vehicle data can be accessed through smart cards every student carries.