As a backup of an Exchange mailbox, Microsoft Outlook generates an OST file. When working on an OST file, you may experience a number of errors and problems. We must import an OST file into Outlook to resolve these concerns. So, in this article, you will discover four methods, including the use of an OST to PST Converter Tool, to import an .ost file into Outlook.
What will you do if you need to use your webmail while on a work trip or at a distant place with no internet access? You need to check your emails offline, so you will need an email client like MS Outlook, Lotus Notes, Apple Thunderbird, or anything similar. We’re talking about Microsoft Outlook here. It’s also usable offline. Outlook provides an OST file, also referred to as an Offline Storage Table (.ost) file that permits users to operate with their emails and messages even when mail servers are unavailable. It’s a Microsoft Exchange Server offline Outlook Data file. These files enable users to operate with their offline inbox and outbox and make changes locally. Which are then synchronized to the server when connected to the web.
Why is it necessary to open or import an OST file into Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016?
People might get disconnected from their current profile by mistake or on intent. Some people quit their professions and try to take their professional emails with them, but they are unable to import their OST files into Outlook since their profile has been changed. A user’s ID may also be changed, in which case, all of his past emails are lost. The only method at the time was to import OST files saved offline with them. Due to security concerns, Outlook does not support opening or importing offline OST files. There are, however, specific processes for importing OST files.
Solution 1: Use the Export-Import feature to import OST into Outlook.
To open an OST file in Outlook, follow these steps. Only execute these instructions if you are connected to Microsoft Exchange Server. You can also manually convert OST to PST by following these procedures.
To start, launch Microsoft Outlook on your PC.
- Go to Files > Open and Export.
- Select Import and Export starting from the drop choice.
- Click next in the wake of choosing the Outlook Data File.
- Select the Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Then, select your desired folder and press the Next button.
- Choose where you need to save the new PST file and the suitable location for saving new imported files.
Solution 2: Import an OST file into MS Outlook using the Auto Archive feature.
- To import an. ost file into Outlook, follow these instructions.
- Introduce and launch MS Outlook to start the process.
- Then we go to the File option and select Archive.
- Select the folder that you want to archive.
- Select the desired location, where you want to save the archived pst file
- To Starting the archive process, we need to click ok.
- By using this method, we can’t import complete OST data into Outlook. And this approach won’t allow you to add a contact.
Solution 3: Use the Drag and Drop Method to Open an OST File in Outlook.
• On your PC, launch Microsoft Outlook.
• Create new (personal storage) .pst file in Microsoft Outlook.
• Drag the folder you want to export from your mailbox into the Outlook-compatible PST file.
• The procedure will not function if an orphaned OST file exists, Exchange is unavailable, or the
The exchange profile is disconnected. The disadvantages of manually importing an OST file into Outlook 2016
• While performing the steps, these approaches requires technical support.
• Outlook account setup is required.
• There is a high possibility of data loss or file corruption.
• It is important to sync the system with the Microsoft Exchange Server.
• These steps are hard and time-consuming.
Solution 04: Use Stellar Converter for OST.
Utilize the most reliable and easy-to-understand OST to PST Converter Tool. This utility is planned with a creative calculation that permits clients to import OST documents into Outlook effortlessly. It changes over OST records into PST, EML, CSV, HTML, MHTML, EMLX, MBOX, and MSG document designs. It likewise offers an intuitive graphical UI to both expert and non-technical users. Importing an OST file into Outlook 2016.
Launch Stellar Converter for OST. In the top ribbon, select Outlook OST in the Home tab. A pop-up window will appear with the option to Browse or Find the OST file for conversion.
If you know where the OST file is, select Browse. Alternatively, if the location of the OST is unknown, select find. After that, click Convert to Start the OST to PST conversion procedure.
The OST file conversion process starts. The anticipated conversion time is determined by the size of the OST file.
Following conversion, the software previews the Outlook mailbox folders and deleted items (in red) in the Left pane. By selecting separate folders, you can browse and choose mailbox items.
Select the folder(s) to convert and click Save Converted File on the Home tab. A window will open offering file formats for saving the converted mailbox items. Choose PST and then click Browse. To save the mailbox items, click OK.
The current status of the file-saving operation will be displayed in the progress bar. You can abort the process anytime by clicking Stop.
The converted PST file is saved in your destination path. To complete the process, click OK.
Since OST files are inaccessible for outlook application, it is hard to open and import .OST files items into Outlook. Regardless of whether you utilize manual strategies, full document importation isn’t guaranteed, and it is likewise tedious and challenging to appropriately achieve. Subsequently, a lot more straightforward choice is to utilize proficient tool like ost recovery. This tool doesn’t allow the old .OST files to become absurd. It effortlessly reads such files and convert them to PST, allowing the user to easily Import OST files into Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016.